Definitions and interpretation
Invoice Sherpa, Invoice Sherpa LLC, we or us
Invoice Sherpa LLC, a company incorporated under the laws of the state of California whose registered office is at 2108 N ST STE N, Sacramento, CA 95816; Invoice Sherpa wholly refers to the website that you are currently using, https://invoicesherpa.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions as well as any associated mobile applications.
Collectively all information that you submit to Invoice Sherpa. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
A small text file may be placed on your computer by Invoice Sherpa when you visit certain parts of the website and/or application. Details of the cookies used by Invoice Sherpa are set out in the clause below ( Cookies ).
UK and EU Cookie Law
The Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 as amended by the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) (Amendment) Regulations 2011 and the European Union’s 2018 General Data Protection Regulation.
User or you
Any third party that accesses Invoice Sherpa and is not either (i) employed by Invoice Sherpa LLC and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Invoice Sherpa LLC and accessing Invoice Sherpa in connection with the provision of such services.
- the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
- a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
- “including” is understood to mean “including without limitation”;
- reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
- We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
- Contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
- Credit card number or other payment related information;
- All other information added into Invoice Sherpa by a user;
- Upon using the Service, individual transaction data obtained from your third-party invoicing or accounting application, (such as “Quickbooks,” “Xero,” “Clio” etc.) information collected via the browser, user generated content and other information uploaded to the website by the user, in conjunction with your use of the Service (such information as relates to your clients may be referred to as “Third-Party Client Information);
- Other information, from time to time, as is legally allowable and related to Invoice Sherpa’s business and offered services;
- Additional information from or about you may also be collected in other ways, including responses to customer surveys and any communications with our customer service team.
Our use of Data
- For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR, Invoice Sherpa acts as the “data controller”.
- We use your Data to create your account, to communicate with you about products and services you’ve purchased, to offer additional products and services, and to bill you. We also use this information to the extent necessary to enforce our Website terms of service and to prevent imminent harm to persons or property, and to potentially conduct other business activities which are lawful and conform with industry standard practices.
- We use your Personal Information to provide you the features and functionality of the Service, and may share it with our trusted third parties, to ensure that you have a safe, high-performance experience when using the Service. When you use the Service, including accepting a payment, contacting customer service or requesting technical support, in addition to many other interactions with Invoice Sherpa, we will apply the information that we have collected.
- We will retain any Data you submit for as long as Invoice Sherpa deems it necessary to provide adequate service to the user, unless explicitly asked by a user for their Data to be deleted.
- Unless it is specifically stated otherwise or prohibited by law, your Data can be disclosed to third parties for the sake of administering better service to the user, also for marketing purposes through various affiliates and / or other companies within our group, and for other legal purposes reasonably related to Invoice Sherpa’s business and related to the providing of its services.
- All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with reasonable industry standards.
- Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using Invoice Sherpa. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- internal record keeping;
- improvement of our products/services;
- transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- ensure our compliance with applicable laws;
- transmission to third parties in order for them to market relevant promotional materials that may be of interest to you;
- The ability to make automated decision making, including profiling, only for the purpose of offering a better and more personalized experience for the User or marketing to new users based on information from the users of Invoice Sherpa in aggregate;
Information relating to minors
Third party websites and services
- Invoice Sherpa may, from time to time, employ the services of other parties for dealing with certain processes necessary for the operation of Invoice Sherpa. The providers of such services have access to certain personal Data provided by Users of Invoice Sherpa and may be located in various locations throughout the world.
- Additionally, Data can be transmitted to third parties for relevant marketing purposes at the sole discretion of those employed by Invoice Sherpa LLC.
Links to other websites and/or services
Changes of business ownership and control
- We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
- In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
Controlling use of your Data
- Wherever you are required to submit Data, you will be given options to restrict our use of that Data. This may include the following:
- use of Data for direct or indirect marketing purposes; and
- You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by Invoice Sherpa.
- You have the right to withdraw consent necessary to use the services provided by Invoice Sherpa at any time.
- You have the right for your data to be deleted from the servers and databases of Invoice Sherpa.
Functionality of Invoice Sherpa
- To use all features and functions available on Invoice Sherpa, you may be required to submit certain Data.
- A User may revoke consent at any time.
- Data security is of great importance to Invoice Sherpa and to protect your Data we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure Data collected via Invoice Sherpa.
- All information is securely stored on our servers in the United States. We employ industry reasonable standards to protect personally identifiable information, as well as any information provided relating to your invoiced customers.
- Third-party client and customer information, provided to Invoice Sherpa by users, shall be considered confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party, unless required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to conform to the law, or comply with legal process served on us. Such information shall be utilized only for the purpose for which Invoice Sherpa was created, which is to facilitate the billing and collection process for electronic billing of customers and clients.
- If password access is required for certain parts of Invoice Sherpa, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
- We endeavor to do our best to protect your personal Data. However, transmission of information over the internet is not always perfectly secure and is done at your own risk. We cannot ensure the security of your Data transmitted to Invoice Sherpa.
- Before Invoice Sherpa places Cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those Cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of Cookies, you are enabling Invoice Sherpa to provide a better experience and service to you. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of Cookies; however certain features of Invoice Sherpa may not function fully or as intended.
- Invoice Sherpa may place Cookies that are strictly necessary and required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- You can choose to enable or disable Cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept Cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete Cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access Invoice Sherpa more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalization settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
- Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
- For any questions or concerns relating to the use of your User Data while using Invoice Sherpa, you are welcome to contact the Invoice Sherpa LLC’s chosen Data Protection Officer who can be reached by sending an email to support@InvoiceSherpa.com
- Every user of Invoice Sherpa has a variety of rights relating to the use of their data while using Invoice Sherpa, including the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.